Avoid loading all the plugins

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Mar 24 15:23:04 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:46:06AM -0700, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there a way to prevent libpurple to load plugins I do not need?
>
> Qutecom (ex wengophone) uses libpurple for IM, and just needs the
> jabber, msn nad icq/aim plugins, and no support for e.g. tcl, and perl...
> but when it calls puple_core_init() all plugins gets loaded.
>
> Thanks you in advance,
> Ludovico

Don't build or install the plugins you don't want/need, or build libpurple
with your plugins of choice compiled in statically and disable plugins.

libpurple probes every plugin it can find for information, but that isn't
since that is the only way the prpls can be used and the loader-loaded
plugins can be found/probed.

    -Etan