Avoid loading all the plugins

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Mar 24 15:23:26 EDT 2009

Ludovico Cavedon spake unto us the following wisdom:
> is there a way to prevent libpurple to load plugins I do not need?
>
> Qutecom (ex wengophone) uses libpurple for IM, and just needs the
> jabber, msn nad icq/aim plugins, and no support for e.g. tcl, and perl...
> but when it calls puple_core_init() all plugins gets loaded.

Any purple core plugins which are installed with libpurple will be
loaded, and there's not currently anything you can do about that.
They won't hurt anything, though, so you can probably just ignore
them.  Why do you believe they will pose a problem?

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.