libpurple crashing since 18 months

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Wed Mar 25 00:08:44 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 04:39 +0100, Thorsten wrote:
> So the question is: Is there still hope that the bugs in libpurple will
> be fixed?
>
> I am willing to assist as much as I can, but I have no interest in
> wasting my time by filing reports to the bug tracker and no one cares or
> cares after 4 months without any progress. Since my bot stresses
> libpurple, this is also a chance to reveal all weaknesses of libpurple
> and to make it bug-free. Every responsible programmer is welcome to
> contact me and to discuss bugs, backtraces and the values of parameters
> and variables with me in-depth, so the bugs can be fixed as quickly as
> possible.

If a bug is filed it may or may not be fixed. If a bug is not filed it
probably won't be fixed because we won't hear about it. There are a
couple known crashes in msn in particular but none of them would cause a
crash while connecting. Unless you take the time to file bugs there's no
way we can know whether they are libpurple bugs or your incorrect usage
that's causing them.

-khc