Google Summer of Code
robsonmwoc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:52:08 EDT 2009
my name is Robson Mendonça, I'm a Brazilian programmer from Porto Alegre -
I get interested to develop the Web site translations for Pidgin. And I need
to know who's the mentor for this project, I need a little chat to
understand the needs of the Pidgin website, and develop the project.
I have some ideas to make this but I prefer to talk with someone first.
Thanks for your attention.
Web site translations
- Produce a translation system for Pidgin's web site (at least the main
- Implement Language auto-selection (via browser "Accept-Language"
- Use statically generated pages to avoid unnecessary server load and
overhead (in other words, avoid pulling in the strings every time the page
loads; only when they need to be regenerated)
- Make use of existing technology such as gettext or similar web projects
to allow translators to submit translations easily
- Find a way to generate a translation template, identify or tag strings
- Consider ways to provide translated versions of images and screen shots
- This particular idea may not be sufficiently complex to span a summer
and it may be worthwhile to combine it with other web site or
internationalization improvements to Pidgin or some other type of larger
CTO at LEC/UFRGS (Cognitive Studies Lab)
LEC - Laboratório de Estudos Cognitivos - UFRGS
Centro de Excelência Sun para Desenvolvimento de Soluções de TI para
Fundação Pensamento Digital - www.pensamentodigital.org.br
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel