libpurple crashing since 18 months

Thorsten sendmail at gmx.net
Thu Mar 26 16:17:29 EDT 2009

> You were asked for a valgrind log. This question has never be answered.
> Do YOU call this communicating?

It was 7 or 8 weeks after filing the report, when I had been asked for a
valgrind log. At that time I had upgraded libpurple and I had a
different bug, as I did explain  in my answer. I also posted very
detailed information about the cause for the new problem, much more
detailed than a valgrind log could do.

> Pidgin is stable for me (WITH MSN). So what's your point. I'm using it
> 24/7 for at least 2 months without a single crash.

Ok, so this must be gamma-rays or some kind of earth radiation which
causes the problems on my side. :-)