libpurple crashing since 18 months

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Thu Mar 26 22:34:19 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 15:34 +0100, Thorsten wrote:
> > and bugs are fixed through bug tracker, not by direct communication
>
> I filed my bug report  #7621 in November 2008, and the first reply came
> in January, but nothing happened since then, so it is 4 months old and
> just sits there. Do you call *THIS* fixing bugs? Or even caring for
> bugs? Do you ever hope to get a stable release done? Maybe in the year
> 2025 or so?

The only reason I asked for a valgrind log is because you were using a
custom client, as such there's no hope for me to even reproduce that.

> It does not matter whether a bug is reported by e-mail or on a website.
> But it matters if someone cares for it. And caring for bugs means to
> communicate. You have not only a defect library, you have also a defect
> bug-fixing system.

I care as long as I have the time. I (and almost everyone on the team)
have a non-pidgin non-glib and even non-FOSS related full time job.
There's so much we can do to communicate with people who start by
sending us confrontational emails.

-khc