GSOC: Proposal (Webkit Message Views)

CaStarCo castarco at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:16:43 EDT 2009

Hello,

my name is Andreu Correa Casablanca and i'm an student interested in
participate in the Google Summer of Code.

I have 21 years old, i'm studing mathematics and Informatic engineriing in
the "Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona" (3th course).

I want to partipate in the GSOC replacing the GtkImHtml by Webkit. I haven't
decided yet the timeline that i'm going to follow (im doing it now..). I'm
going to work in the project between 10 and 20 hours per week from May
23thto mid-June (at that time I still have to go to university
lessons) , and
between 20 and 40 hours per week from mid-June to August 17th.

I like this project because Pidgin is my favourite IM program and because I
want to help improving it's performance (plus I want to learn throughout
this period of time)

You should choose me because I'll be locked in a room with nothing to do
except program (ok, it's not 100% truth but programming is my passion), I am
not yet familiar with libpurple, but I'll be.

I'm familiarized with C, C++, Python, PHP (and the Gtk, Qt libraries)... (I
started programming when I was 14, in C and C++) . I contributed translating
programs through launchpad.net and finding and patching bugs in Tilda. My
favourite language is D (but I don't use it much because it's poorly
extended).

I have made some little programs for little bussiness in my town (GPL 2.0
and 3.0) (in C++ and Python, with Qt) because I do not have much money and I
have to take my time on things that benefits me.

thanks for your attention :)

--
- Per la llibertat del coneixement -
- Per la llibertat de la ment...       -