Google SoC Introduction

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Mon Mar 30 13:52:57 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 09:24 -0400, Timothy Waterhouse wrote:
> Mark,
>

> GDI will be critical in making the "big list" which is the main
> problem I foresee.  I love the big list and equate it to a critical
> element of the pidgin interface.  I'm in the process of writing up an
> official proposal right now and I'll include a list of parts to be
> mimicked closely and parts to fall to the operating system defaults.

I just want to point out that for the purpose of GSoC application
itself, some detail is nice (to show that you've thought about it), but
there's no need to do the full UI design. I think it's more important
that you show yourself as technically competent for the project. I'd
expect that during the summer you allocate some time to do a more
detailed design.

I am not saying you can't start early, I just don't want you to spend
too much time on this if it means that other parts of your application
is going to suffer.

-khc