Problems with MSN protocol ...

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Thu May 21 08:42:36 EDT 2009

Hi khc!

Sorry by the huge log.
I just sent all of it because I was affraid to get some important info
out while cleaning it up.

On our application we don't use contact list nor account persistence
provided by libpurple, but just our customer's application persistence.
That's why you will find lots of this errors regarding account and blist
persistence.

You have a good memory indeed, and yes we acctually had problems with
multi-threaded access to libpurple in the past, but we get ridded of
this more than one year ago.

Our application was doing fine, and these instability reports started
about one or two weeks only.
They are reported justo to MSN protocol, and our customer's clients use
more Jabber than MSN.

I've sent this message to discover if this is a local symptom or if this
is happening widely.

Anyway, I'll have a closer look on winsock errors as you suggested.

Could you please just tell me if this nss error involving the contact
list server that generally leads to MSN accoung disconnection is somehow
common ?
I mean, is it normal to happen 1, 2, 3 times a day ?

Do you have any condition to indicate a number of times per day that
such an event could be considered as "acceptable" ?

Thanks and best regards,
Mauro.

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572