Problems with MSN protocol ...

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Thu May 21 20:05:13 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 09:42 -0300, Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil wrote:
> Our application was doing fine, and these instability reports started
> about one or two weeks only.
> They are reported justo to MSN protocol, and our customer's clients
> use more Jabber than MSN.
>
> I've sent this message to discover if this is a local symptom or if
> this is happening widely.
>
> Anyway, I'll have a closer look on winsock errors as you suggested.
>
> Could you please just tell me if this nss error involving the contact
> list server that generally leads to MSN accoung disconnection is
> somehow common ?

The nss error is not common. The only other time I've seen it is from a
reporter who has some corporate firewall. Has there been any network
changes at your customer's location that would coincide with the
problem?

> I mean, is it normal to happen 1, 2, 3 times a day ?
>
> Do you have any condition to indicate a number of times per day that
> such an event could be considered as "acceptable" ?

0? :-) It really depends on what kind of network they are on. I guess
flaky wireless connections can also cause all sorts of problems too.

-khc