Cross-compiling a plugin

GS gaf.stephanos at gmail.com
Sun May 24 12:10:21 EDT 2009

Hello, I wanted to cross-compile my plugin for windows. I followed the
BuildingWinPidgin instructions and compiled it successfully. Got
libpurple.dll and libpurple.dll.a in the libpurple directory. I tried to
link against libpurple.dll.a but i'm getting all the libpurple functions as
undefined references. It's a C++ plugin.
Here's my compiling command:
i586-mingw32msvc-g++ -g -w `pkg-config --cflags pidgin`
-L/home/win32-dev/gtk_2_0/lib -L/home/pidgin-2.5.5/libpurple -lpurple
-lglib-2.0 main.cpp -shared -o ~/plugin/plugin.dll
What am I doing wrong ? I got the linking part from the libfacebook
makefile.