Windows ("Dodo") GUI Project

Eion Robb eionrobb at gmail.com
Wed May 27 22:50:45 EDT 2009

Hi Wade,

2009/5/28  <devel-request at pidgin.im>:
> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:33:58 -0500
> From: Wade Fagen <wade at soc.pidgin.im>
> Subject: Windows ("Dodo") GUI Project
>
> Part of the problem ends up being dependencies, but I
> haven't yet personally looked into seeing of those dependencies (eg:
> glib) have ways to get a working native VS-compiled "managed DLL".
> ...is this worthwhile?   ...it isn't necessary for a Windows GUI to
> have the underlying DLL be compiled, but it would made development
> (and debugging) a lot easier.

Have a look at the gstreamer-winbuilds at
http://www.gstreamer-winbuild.ylatuya.es/doku.php
to get visual studio versions of all the glib (and others, including
gstreamer if you want to support vv) dlls, with debug symbols.

I was working with that guy to get farsight2 dlls and gstreamer dlls
organised to get Pidgin-vv to work on windows, but need to check out a
newer version of pidgin 2.6.0 than the tarball that I had to see if it
works with that.

Cheers,
Eion