Why am I banned?

Peter Lawler bleeter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:38:24 EDT 2009

Felipe,
If one goes to a pub, is disruptive, and told 'If you continue that
behaviour, you'll be banned for life' then goes on right ahead and
continues the behaviour... EVEN IF IT'S ON THE WAY OUT THE DOOR... the
establishment has every right to ban that person for life as they have
demonstrated clearly their contempt for the rules laid down by the
establishment.

It's not rocket surgery.

Every IRC channel has limits. The most basic is; what Ops say goes,
annoy the crap out of an Op at one's own peril. If an op says 'stop or
I'll ban'... STOP. IRL, if a policeman says 'stop or I'll arrest' one
doesn't keep on going doing whatever's pissed the copper off, then cry
at the courts later 'oh it's sooo unfair it was only a little I
continued to do but I never knew I'd be arrested'... to coin a gaming
phrase .... srsly.

For the record, I was the person referred in Felipe's mail as 'annoyed
by PM'. Correct, I don't appreciate uninvited PM. Others may do, I don't.

P.

P.S. Apologies for lack of threading, I'm on digest and too lazy to
thread back in properly.