Why am I banned?

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 11:11:46 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
> Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been banned from the IRC channel since Jul 29 for no reason at
>> all. And nobody is replying my personal emails.
>>
>> Care to remove the bain?
>>

> No.  You know exactly why you are banned.  You continued a conversation you were
> told to drop.  As far as I'm concerned, that's the last straw and I'm no longer
> willing to tolerate your presence at all.  Therefore, so long as I have operator
> privileges in #pidgin you will remain banned.

I guess you are referring to this:
Jul 29 04:25:57 <rekkanoryo>    this discussion is over NOW
Jul 29 04:26:08 <rekkanoryo>    if anyone continues it, I will ban that person

One would assume that the purpose of the ban would be to stop the discussion.

I made clear those were going to be my last words on the subject:
Jul 29 04:31:30 <felipec>       unbelievable, the only channel where people
get annoyed by pm; then I'll say the last words here and then I'll
leave:

After I said what I wanted to say, I left, so it was pretty clear I
dropped the subject, therefore the ban would have served no purpose at
all. In any case, I was banned.

After more than one moth I don't see what's the purpose of the ban
since that discussion has been closed long ago, so I assume it's not
related to _that_ discussion, but discussions in the future.

So, just to be clear:
The purpose of the ban is to prevent me from discussing topics that,
although are related to Pidgin, you don't want to discuss.

If that's the case, then nobody ever warned me of such kind of permanent ban.

--
Felipe Contreras