Access is Denied

Jim Menkevich jim.menkevich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 08:40:37 EDT 2010

Yao,

On Windows 7, I selected to run Cygwin as Adminstrator and then I change the
permissions on the libpurple/win32 directory and all the files in the
directory:

chmod -Rf 777 libpurple/win32

drwxrwxrwx+ 1 testing None   4096 2010-08-11 15:48 win32

I'm still getting the same error.

So I tried to just execute the binary by itself and I still get  the same
message.

$ windres
Access is denied.
C:\cygwin\home\testing\pidgin-dev\win32-dev\mingw\bin\windres.exe:
preprocessin
g failed.

So I checked the permissions on that and I'm good there as well.

-rwxr-xr-x  1 testing None  678912 2009-10-23 19:11 windres.exe

I confirmed by executing '--help' on the binary and that worked without an
issue.

Does any of this info help?

I appreciate you taking the time to analyze this with me.

Jim