Shared XML Editing with jabber, jingle-integration

Rohan Jain rohanjain.kgp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 10:45:44 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to implement shared xml editing with jabber (
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0284.html), which is based on jingle session
management.
This is the project repository:
https://github.com/dcrodjer/pidgin_whiteboard/tree/jingle-integration/,
Project Updates:
http://www.rohanjain.in/blog/whiteboarding-with-xmpp-google-talk/#updates
Our target to implement shared xml editing and then use it for our
whiteboard implementation.

The xep defines app: *'urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:xhtml'* and transport: *
'urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:sxe'*.
So I have defined files sxe.c/h under jabber directory and added the above
two in jingle.h:
#define JINGLE_APP_XHTML "urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:xhtml" ( or maybe use #define
JINGLE_APP_XML "urn:xmpp:tmp:jingle:apps:xmlstream" which is already
defined)
#define JINGLE_TRANSPORT_SXE "urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:sxe"

I am confused about defining some transport method. Like there is rtp for
voice-video ( Am I correct? ). If I see jingle.c there is a function, which
returns type (Gtype jingle_get_type), currently it is only defined for
ICEUDP. So how should I go about in my case? If I define something which
returns JINGLE_TYPE_XHTML / JINGLE_APP_XML in jingle_get_type, where and how
should this macro be defined?

Also please tell where I am interpreting or going wrong.

Regards
Rohan Jain <http://www.rohanjain.in/>