Unable to pull data using Monotone

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sat Dec 4 11:16:55 EST 2010

On 12/04/2010 10:45 AM, harsh gidra wrote:
> root at debian:/home/harsh/monotone_databases# mtn -d pidgin.mtn pull
> --set-default mtn.pidgin.im <http://mtn.pidgin.im> "im.pidgin.*"
> mtn: setting default server to mtn.pidgin.im <http://mtn.pidgin.im>
> mtn: setting default branch include pattern to 'im.pidgin.*'
> mtn: setting default branch exclude pattern to ''
> mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
> mtn: connecting to mtn.pidgin.im <http://mtn.pidgin.im>
> mtn: network error: failed to connect: Connection refused

First, running as root is wrong.  You should never execute anything as root
unless it's strictly necessary.  Start over and follow the steps as your normal
user account.

Second, it works for me.  Make sure TCP port 4691 is allowed through whatever
routing/firewalling/NATing devices or software are present on your network.

John