libpurple googletalk connection and buddy add issues with msn

Duncan Berriman duncan at dcl.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 13:22:05 EST 2010

Just an update to save everyone time.

Add buddy is working on google but for some reason the new msn account
doesn't want to play. In fact I'm not sure if its not just an msn issue full
stop as I've added a buddy via msn messenger and not a lot seemed to happen.

I finally worked out google talk is prpl-jabber, I had tried it but what
threw me was I kept getting a sig fault and indeed I still do whenever I use
the incorrect password for msn or google. See below. Can't really work out
what is causing this.

I use

PurpleAccount *gmailaccount = purple_account_new("xxx at gmail.com",
"prpl-jabber");

purple_account_set_password(gmailaccount, "yyy);

purple_accounts_add(gmailaccount);

purple_account_set_enabled(gmailaccount, UI_ID, TRUE);

The signals catch the error below but then the program seg faults.

All that is after those lines is g_main_loop_run(loop);

I've tried commenting out all the signals but the seg fault still happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Duncan

Disconnected: "xxx at gmail.com" (prpl-jabber)