Participating in GSoC

Ivan Ruchkin ruchkin.ivan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 17:07:06 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm a 4th year PhD student of The Moscow State University (Russian
Federation), Computer Science Department and I'm thinking about
participating in GSoC 2010 with Pidgin.
My skills include confident C/C++ and I had experience of FOSS development
in KDE.

I'd like to take up a project connected with UI improvement and usability or
implementation of messaging protocols. Currently I'm interested in extending
functionality of view log window (runtime search, grouping by contact, ...)
and creating full support of ICQ protocol by investigating the work of
native client. Are these two project suitable to apply for either of them or
a group of both?

Maybe any of you has thoughts about some work I can do with Pidgin and
libpurple? Any feedback is appreciated.

--
Ivan