Read message?

Ralph Thaller ralph.thaller at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:15:12 EST 2010

First i want to thank you for your reply.

To understand better i try to explain what i want to do:
I have an arduino micro controller with a led. when i receive a message,
(received-im-msg) i send a serial-signal to my arduino and the led starts to
blink. now i want it to stop when i go to my laptop and read the message.
so i want to to know when the user reads the received message.

thank you