Read message?

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Fri Jan 8 14:20:31 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:15:12PM +0100, Ralph Thaller wrote:
> First i want to thank you for your reply.
>
> To understand better i try to explain what i want to do:
> I have an arduino micro controller with a led. when i receive a message,
> (received-im-msg) i send a serial-signal to my arduino and the led starts to
> blink. now i want it to stop when i go to my laptop and read the message.
> so i want to to know when the user reads the received message.
>
> thank you

You can't "know" that, at best you can approximate knowing that the way
pidgin and/or the Message Notification plugin does (i.e. by watching for
GTK+ focus events on the window/tab/etc.).

You may just want to make your notification part of the Message
Notification plugin since that should simplify the amount of code you need
to write.

    -Etan