[feature request]follow symlinked configuration files

raph gibboris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 19:57:53 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to get a mobile$HOME and in this process I needed to symlink
some files of ~/.purple --to, eg, ~/.priv/--
While icons,id,id.priv and known_keys are respected symlinks (until now),
{account,blist}.xml are unlinked and recreated as regular files.
Since purple store password and others personnal information in clear
text (what I fully understand), having a way to specify the path of
configuration/cache files would be really great. An alternative would be
to always follow symlinks.
(More globally, I think following the $XDG_* would appear as a good thing)

Thank you for your work devs.
Raph