soc.2010.icq-tlc: 410486a1: OK, I'm sick of constantly finding funct...

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Thu Jul 29 00:10:07 EDT 2010

On 07/28/2010 11:43 PM, Kevin Stange wrote:
> Most of the code you removed was part of libfaim which was previously a
> separate module from our oscar plugin, and some of the functionality
> might have been desirable in other implementations.  That said, what was
> libfaim is no longer separable from libpurple and much of the code may
> not even work anymore.

For the record, a couple years ago, Mark did declare that he no longer cared for
libfaim to be a distinguishable entity from our oscar prpl.  Given that, I don't
see the harm in axing code libpurple didn't use (and likely never would).  I
wouldn't be surprised, in fact, if the code in question hasn't worked or hasn't
worked properly for at least 3-4 years.  AIM and ICQ have changed considerably
in that time, after all.

John