Detachable libpurple - RPC system

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 17:20:26 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 14:16,  <gillou.ray at free.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 04:11:13 +0200
> gillou.ray at free.fr wrote:
>
>> I may do a nice drawing about all this
>> detachable libpurple stuff (later).
>
> Here it is:
>
> http://fr.dotsec.net/~gillux/detachable_sessions.svg
> The dotted lines show the path of a DBus call or signal. I let it in SVG
> so that you could edit it.
>
> Really, I need an answer from the the developpers now. Is this
> approach OK ? Please report! I know draws don't replace code, and I
> havn't showed any since the beginning of this SoC. Maybe we all are
> very busy by other stuff...

This sounds like a sound approach to me.

I'm a little confused by part of your diagram though; it appears to
have the libpurple and GUI communicating via DBus (not just the
libpurple (remote mode) connection to the libpurple (normal mode)).
Am i misunderstanding that?  Why is this necessary - it seems like an
unnecessary second level of abstraction.

-D