openSUSE Pidgin Repository Now Online

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Jun 14 16:02:57 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 09:31 -0700, Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 19:59 -0500, Nicholas Betcher wrote:
> >> Anyways, upon further consideration I'm going to pursue an official
> >> repository with openSUSE and go from there, however I am wondering if
> >> that information could be put on the Pidgin website at some point?
> >
> > I don't see any harm in that.
>
> Regarding linking to
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/nbetcher/... I know
> our policy in the past has been to not link to packages built by
> people not "affiliated" with our project.  I'm ok with changing that.

I'm on the fence about this. On the one hand, I understand your point.
On the other hand, the existing policy is "encouraging" (forcing)
Nicholas to "pursue an official repository with openSUSE", which seems
like an even better outcome. Perhaps we should wait to hear back from
him on how that went? If there's something "more official" (and I don't
know what that means in the openSUSE world, especially give that his
existing link is on download.opensuse.org), we could link to that in the
way you've described.

Richard