How to compile Pidgin with the –enable-vv configure flag ?

Yann yannubuntu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 04:25:46 EDT 2010

Dear all,

In order to help with the Video&Voice on Windows by reporting bugs,  I
am trying to compile Pidgin for Windows.
I read on [1] that I have to compile Pidgin with the –enable-vv configure flag.

How can i do this ?

I tried to follow [2] instructions. I am on Ubuntu 10.04, and
installed monotone package. I managed to get pidgin.mtn database and
extract it in my /home/user/monotone_databases folder. Then what
should I do ? I get the following errors :

$ mtn -d $DATABASE pull --set-default mtn.pidgin.im "im.pidgin.*"
mtn: misuse: database /home/yyy/pidgin/pidgin.mtn is laid out
according to an old schema
mtn: misuse: try 'mtn db migrate' to upgrade
mtn: misuse: (this is irreversible; you may want to make a backup copy first)
$ mtn db migrate
mtn: misuse: no database specified
$ mtn db migrate $DATABASE
mtn: misuse: no arguments needed
$ mtn $DATABASE migrate
mtn: misuse: unknown command '/home/yyy/monotone_databases/pidgin.mtn migrate'
$ mtn pidgin.mtn migrate
mtn: misuse: unknown command 'pidgin.mtn migrate'

[1] : http://eion.robbmob.com/blog/2009/08/14/pidgin-with-video-on-windows/
[2] : http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/UsingPidginMonotone

Best regards
Yann