Google Summer of Code

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 22:54:43 EST 2010

* Mark Doliner had this to say on [03 Mar 2010, 15:33:00 -0800]:
> Google is doing their Summer of Code again this year (yay!).  Do we
> (Pidgin/Finch/libpurple) want to apply to be a mentoring organization?

I think participating again this year would be great. There are some good
ideas listed on http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects, and
there are usually some good project ideas from the student applicants
every year, and they can all benefit the project. Specifically, I think
it's a good opportunity to start pushing towards 3.x, and
GObjectification, and all that goodness.

> If so I can fill out the application starting on March 8th (unless
> someone else wants to fill it out? or wants to try their hand at being
> our organization admin this year?)

In case noone else steps forward, I can volunteer to be an admin this
year.

Cheers.
Sadrul