Google Summer of Code

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Mar 15 01:37:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Santiago Lizardo Oscares
<santiago.lizardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Pidgin!
>
> I would really like to work with you in the IM client and/or libraries
> during the next summer of code.
> This email is to know if you are opening places this year on the program,
> and if you could be interested in my profile as developer.
>
> This is http://santiago.lizardo.info my personal Web site, and as you can
> see I created many small open source projects in technologies from C/C++ to
> Java and PHP.
>
> I'm sure I can help you in solve similar ideas to the those posted last year
> (http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/SummerOfCode2009) by the reason I have the
> required knowledge (C, C++, Networking, Linux, ...) and motivation.
>
> If you have any doubts, please write me and I'll answer you ASAP.
>
> Thank your for your time,

Hi Santiago!

Yes, we have applied to Google's Summer of Code again this year.  We
do not know if we will be accepted, or how many students will be
alloted for us.  Google will announce the list of accepted mentoring
organizations for 2010 on March 18th.

There are some potential projects listed at
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects or you're free to
come up with your own idea.  Some of our best projects in the past
have been original ideas from students.

I encourage you to check the Google Summer of Code website after March
18th and, assuming we're accepted, submit an application!

--Mark