Google Summer of Code 2010

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Mar 15 01:44:08 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Артем Вольхин <442935 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> I want to participate in GSoC workin on pidgin project. What can I do right
> now to increase my chance to get it?
> Thanks, Artem Volkhin.

Hi!

I always think it's good for students to have previous experience
programming software similar to Pidgin.  Especially experience with C,
glib, and general network programming.  Maybe you could brush up on
your skills?  Write a test program, browse glib's documentation, poke
around the Pidgin source code, etc.

Previous history contributing to an open source project or just
interacting with an open source community is also smiled upon.

--Mark