Google Summer of Code

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 18 14:40:14 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
>> Google is doing their Summer of Code again this year (yay!).  Do we
>> (Pidgin/Finch/libpurple) want to apply to be a mentoring organization?
>>
>> If so I can fill out the application starting on March 8th (unless
>> someone else wants to fill it out? or wants to try their hand at being
>> our organization admin this year?)
>
> Thanks for the feedback, everybody!  I submitted our application, so
> now we just have to keep our fingers crossed until March 18th (have
> fun typing!)
>
> John: Assuming that "rekkanoryo" is your link id in the Summer of Code
> webapp, I set you as the backup org admin again this year.  If you'd
> prefer not to be then let me know--I'm sure we could change it to
> someone else.

We've been accepted!

Current Pidgin/Finch/libpurple developers: If you'll have time to
mentor a student this summer, or would like to help review
applications from students, please sign up at
http://socghop.appspot.com/ and, uh, I actually have no idea how to
add mentors to our project.  But I'm sure we'll figure it out!

--Mark