GSoC - Ameya 's proposal

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 25 04:50:47 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Jan Ferko <julyloov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am 2nd year undergraduate student of computer science at Masaryk
> University of Brno. I would like to participate on Google Summer of Code.
> Since i use pidgin as my primary IM client . I would like to contribute and
> improve it. I read list of ideas at website. And i really like Improving
> MySpace project, but i also got idea to implement Twitter plugin for pidgin
> and maybe plugin for other protocols with public specification (i am not
> that good in reverse-engineering) . As you can see my idea is very similar
> to Ameya' s.
> So I would like to ask if there is a possibility to work on such plugins for
> two students and who i should ask for more information or help.

Hi Jan.  There is already an existing Twitter protocol plugin project,
and I suspect none of us
Pidgin developers is familiar enough with it to mentor a project for
it: http://code.google.com/p/microblog-purple/

As for improving MySpace... I think it's a good idea.  I don't think
there is room for more than one student to work on it, but that
doesn't mean more than one student can't apply ;-)

--Mark