GSOC idea

Viktor Lofgren vlofgren at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:36:26 EDT 2010

>From what I understand, the Bonjour is a primarily separate messaging
protocol. What I suggest is more like "finger" of old UNIX fame. It shares
one or more IM accounts and a small piece of descriptive information as
to who is running pidgin, and lets the communication happen across the
already established protocols.

The "XEP-0174: Serverless Messaging"-specification allows one to list
alternative Jabber-accounts, while my protocol would not have this limit.

Though it does feel like a very narrow niche to fill, and I fail to find any
significant justification why this plugin is necessary.

>From the FutureSOCProjects-list, I'm kind of interested in was the emoticon
cache suggestion. But I'm not sure how to go further with that.

- Viktor