GSoC 2010 ICQ or MySpaceIM TLC

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Mar 28 03:54:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Edipo Crispim <edipo.crispim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to apply for ICQ or MySpaceIM TLC. Is there any one interested
> in be my mentor? I would like to discuss the main problems.
> Edipo Crispim Alencar Souza

Hi Edipo.  I'm not extremely familiar with the weaknesses of our
MySpace PRPL.  However, I did add an extra note to
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects#MySpaceIMTLC

"Buddies are added to their buddy list using their name/alias. This
should be changed so they are added using their numerica ID, with the
server_nick field set to their name/alias. "

I'd love to see that problem fixed.  I think it would simplify the
code a bit and maybe make it easier for a few other minor bugs to be
fixed.

--Mark