Plans for 2.7.1

Marcus Lundblad ml at
Sat May 15 10:11:32 EDT 2010

ons 2010-05-12 klockan 12:56 -0400 skrev John Bailey:
> Hey, guys,
> Since I'm planning to release Pidgin 2.7.0 tonight (barring any major issues),
> here's what I'd like to do for 2.7.1:
> One-week merge window starting tomorrow (2010-05-13) and ending the following
> Thursday (2010-05-20).
>   * Currently we have MXit changes that should be merged.
>   * Masca has committed some notification unification that should be reviewed
> and possibly merged during this window.
>   * Any other outstanding branches, such as the jingle FT branch--is that ready
> yet, and is it mergeable for 2.7.x, or does it need new API?

I'd like to do a bit more testing (I have some fixes I need to test out
on monday when I get back to the office (dealing with port-restrictive
environments). So I think it should probably wait until after 2.7.1,
given there is some rather urgent fixes, if I understood correctly?
Besides, I think I'd like to get some more feedback on the S5B XEP for
Jingle, gaining confedence there won't be any backwards-incompatible
changes needed later :)

I guess the thumbnail stuff will be approved simultainously, so I'll
probably refactor those bits from si.c to achieve some amount of
code-reuse between the two.


> Following the one-week window, string freeze again for an ideal release date of
> Thursday, 2010-05-27.
> Any objections?
> John
> _______________________________________________
> Devel mailing list
> Devel at

More information about the Devel mailing list