pidgin.mxit: 5adecc45: The profile attribute is just "Title", n...

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed May 19 17:26:33 EDT 2010

On 05/19/2010 04:35 PM, andrew.victor at mxit.com wrote:
> Revision: 5adecc45e2fbb1ef66b2af9f3fe6b3abe40725f3
> Ancestor: 78e3af0f2ea58ccb1518040be06d4f2f4090c04a
> Author: andrew.victor at mxit.com
> Date: 2010-05-19T19:33:22
> Branch: im.pidgin.pidgin.mxit
>
> Modified files:
>         libpurple/protocols/mxit/actions.c
>         libpurple/protocols/mxit/profile.c
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> The profile attribute is just "Title", not "Job Title".

We actually made this change to disambiguate the string.  There is another
instance of the string "Title" that has a different meaning from what would
appear in a user's profile.  Is there perhaps a more fitting string we could
use, such as "Salutation" instead?  This is really just to make translation
easier for both us as Pidgin maintainers and for our translators, who really
have a difficult time with ambiguous strings like this.

John