[ICQ/AIM] Possibly fix for broken privacy lists in some accounts (tickets #9034, #12549)

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Nov 22 04:34:14 EST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:51 PM,  <dzlists at arcor.de> wrote:
> *snip*
> I couldn't find any remnants of the broken bid in the itemlist nor in the tlvlist loaded by
> parsedata() (family_feedbag.c).
>
> Anyway, just deleting the broken entry from the server worked. *snip*
> In this way, it was possible to repair the broken ICQ accounts *snip*

I don't think I followed this... Are you saying that certain items in
the buddy list are "broken"?  What indicates that an item is broken?

> Can such a deletion also be done from a plug-in (e.g. by injecting data into the ssi.official or
> ssi.pending list of an account)?
> If so, I would like to write one (if this approach makes any sense at all).

Plugins don't really have access to internal oscar data structures.
But if this is something that should be done for all AIM and ICQ buddy
lists then it seems like the most appropriate place to do it is in
aim_ssi_cleanlist() in libpurple/protocols/oscar/family_feedbag.c

--Mark