Message indicator flash count under windows based on SPI_GETFOREGROUNDFLASHCOUNT is too short

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Oct 26 08:16:16 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:13:02AM -0400, Dave Siracusa wrote:

> I propose that a multiplier or setting be added so the flashing lasts longer than 3-4 flashes.
> --Dave

That's what that value is supposed to control as far as I know. If that
count isn't enough you should raise it (using something like Tweak UI if
Windows doesn't expose it directly).

I believe there is a known issue where the window doesn't stay highlighted
when the flashing is done for some people the way it should but I'm not
sure we know much more about that issue than that. If you are seeing that
and that's why you want a longer flashing period looking into why that
happens (and whether that is something we can control) might be a better
idea.

    -Etan