PurpleCipher breakout

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Mon Feb 14 01:59:05 EST 2011

I just pushed a new branch to break the hash/cipher implementations out
to separate files.  The branch is named im.pidgin.cipher_breakout.

I'm looking for a quick review and any cleanups before merging to i.p.p.

I implemented this via a no-install library that gets linked into
libpurple statically.  There are no new header files, but I did have to
expose the purple_g_checksum_* api to make this work.

Registering ciphers is similar to before, but instead of registering
with the address of the ops struct which is static to cipher.c, you now
call a non-static function in the sub-library.  To do this, you need to
add a prototype above the register function (you'll see it).

While I have verified that this passes all of our current cipher unit
tests, I have not yet actually tried it at a protocol level and am
asking others to do so.

Thanks,

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>