PKI and xmpp

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Feb 16 19:54:58 EST 2011

On 2/16/11 5:51 PM, Luke Schierer wrote:
> At work today, there was an announcement that in a few months the
> jabber server there will require users to use an x509 certificate to
> log in.  I know momentim supports this, but that UI sucks.  Has
> anyone looked into this?

I understand that Psi has support for client-side certs, but it might
not be exposed in the UI. Swift might also support it (I expect it does,
or will soon).

> Do any public jabber servers even have x509
> as an authentication option?

Not that I know of, but perhaps we could add that at jabber.org.

I rather like the idea of password-less login, but the key management
issues are a challenge for 99.94% of users.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/