Time to Leave Monotone Behind?

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:45:52 EST 2011

[snip]
> > What do you guys say?

I have been largely inactive for a while, but I'll chime in anway! :-)

I am mostly OK with any choice, mtn/hg/git. I am currently familiar
with mtn/git, and it doesn't appear learning hg will be too much of a
trouble. I have some personal branches in mtn, and a script for
migrating those into corresponding hg branches would be useful for me
(I suspect for other folks as well).

I am curious about the 'subrepo' thing. Would it allow someone to
checkout only libpurple, for example? Can subrepos depend on each
other (e.g. subrepo 'finch' depends on 'libgnt' and 'libpurple'
subrepos, so that checking out 'finch' also automatically checks out
'libgnt' and 'libpurple' etc.)?

Cheers.
Sadrul