error installing pidgin-data, conflict with pidgin-facebookchat

Kevin Crocker kevin.b.crocker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 09:33:33 EST 2011

Hi,

I tried to send in a bug report, but it was refused.

Anyway, I'm getting a show stopping installation error on pdigin-data.
apparently one of the files in this upgrade conflicts with a file in another
package: pidgin-facbookchat

E:
/var/cache/apt/archives/pidgin-data_1%3a2.7.9-1ubuntu0+pidgin1.10.04_all.deb:
trying to overwrite '/usr/share/pixmaps/pidgin/protocols/48/facebook.png',
which is also in package pidgin-facebookchat 0

I can't seem to get past this error - my package manager just fails all the
time and won't go beyond this error to upgrade the rest of my system and
packages.

Any insight you might have would be most appreciated.

thanks

Kevin