Time to Leave Monotone Behind?

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Fri Jan 21 23:02:19 EST 2011

On 01/19/2011 03:30 PM, Elliott Sales de Andrade wrote:
> I'll +1 on hg also.
> Though I'm not really soured on mtn, I understand the downsides WRT
> downstream and casual contributors, so I don't mind if we decide to
> move away from it.

This seems like an excellent point at which to summarize again:

Total votes in favor of hg: 9
  * Developers: 6
  * CPW's: 1
  * Downstream Projects: 2

Total votes in favor of git: 3
  * Developers: 3

Do any other developers/CPWs want to weigh in here, or should we consider the
matter closed and declare hg the winner?

Once we're clear on which tool we're going to switch to, we can hash out the
specifics of the conversion (timeline, why I chose to convert in the way I did
when faster methods are available, etc).

John