bug 13298 - does it affect other code?

Duncan Berriman duncan at dcl.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 12:49:09 EST 2011

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure anything else is affected which is why I am asking.

 I just saw that other code checks the value of network to see if it is MSN_NETWORK_UNKNOWN for instance notification.c, contact.c, user.c from what I can see.

I just wondered if the change that has been made is the only one that is needed.

I'm sure your fix is probably correct, my knowledge is very limited so really just asking to confirm that should be the only change required.

I have not tried your fix but simply added the following to msn.c for now in add_pending_buddy before the existing if test.

if (network == MSN_NETWORK_UNKNOWN) {
  network = MSN_NETWORK_PASSPORT;
}

I've tested the above and it appears to work.

Duncan