bug 13298 - does it affect other code?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Mar 9 03:33:19 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Duncan Berriman <duncan at dcl.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm not sure anything else is affected which is why I am asking.
>
>  I just saw that other code checks the value of network to see if it is MSN_NETWORK_UNKNOWN for instance notification.c, contact.c, user.c from what I can see.
>
> I just wondered if the change that has been made is the only one that is needed.
>
> I'm sure your fix is probably correct, my knowledge is very limited so really just asking to confirm that should be the only change required.

I guess I don't really know.  I'm also not very familiar with the
libpurple MSN code.  There definitely are other places that make
similar fqy requests that look the same as the one from msn.c (<ml><d
notification.c, and it looks like there are only two callback
functions that might get MSN_NETWORK_UNKNOWN as the network id:
update_contact_network and modify_unknown_buddy_on_list.  I don't know
if those functions have also started getting MSN_NETWORK_UNKNOWN, and
I don't know if it would matter if they did.

If anyone else wants to investigate, please let us know if you find
any problems!

--Mark