Should we apply to summer of code this year?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Mar 8 12:48:48 EST 2011

The deadline for organizations to apply is Friday at 23:00 UTC.  I'm
happy to submit the form on our behalf, but I wanted to make sure we
have enough developers willing to mentor students.

Are you a regular Pidgin, Finch or libpurple contributor?  Will you
have time this summer to guide a student through learning to use our
version control system, check out our code, make changes, get changes
reviewed and committed?  If so, please respond directly to me and let
me know!

I think it's likely that we'll apply, in which case we'll need to
clean up this page: http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects
If anyone wants to get a head start, feel free.

--Mark