Should we apply to summer of code this year?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 10 14:52:34 EST 2011

Hrm.  So far Eion and Elliott have volunteered to mentor.  (I'm still
ok with Eion mentoring, but I know some people objected in the past
because of feelings that his Skype plugin is anti-spirit of the GPL.)
And I could mentor one student... probably not two.  Florian wondered
if Instantbird could piggyback on our organization if we're accepted,
and I'm totally ok with that.

But I guess I'm still learning toward not applying.  We tend to get a
lot of applications, and three mentors is a pretty small number.  It
almost seems unfair to tease students into applying when there is such
a low chance they'll get accepted.

--Mark