Time to drop the qq plugin?

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Mar 24 21:13:59 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 01:35:44PM +1300, Eion Robb wrote:
> As weight to the argument, there's an actively developed third party
> prpl providing a newer version of QQ.
> https://code.google.com/p/libqq-pidgin/

We gave the openq people access to mtn (ipp.openq) when they stepped up to
maintain the current prpl (though they have clearly stopped contributing
to us, I'm assuming openq itself is also fairly dead).

Do we want to consider doing that with the libqq-pidgin authors? Give them
access and swap their prpl in for our current one? (Assuming we can make
that work without too much hassle for people ith accounts on either end of
that change that is and assuming they even want to do that.)

    -Etan