Clickable links API

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Wed Mar 30 00:34:13 EDT 2011

On 03/29/2011 11:25 PM, Kevin Stange wrote:
> We could also try to build the functionality around the existing
> uri-handler signal and allow it to be emitted via UI links as well as
> via purple_got_protocol_handler_uri and just let plugins fight for it.

Doing this might be simpler... just rework
purple_got_protocol_handler_uri() to be called first by gtkhtml and if
the signal is not absorbed by a signal handler, then fall back to UI
specific external handling such as is done with
gtk_imhtml_class_register_protocol()

At this point, each plugin would be tasked with figuring out whether the
URI belongs to it instead of having libpurple make the decision, which
is how it works presently for the external invocation.

This would be more consistent with current behavior.

Kevin