libpurple as daemon

Patrick Steinhardt steinhardt.p at me.com
Mon May 9 04:43:19 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I have the intention to write a daemon/server capable of forwarding libpurple-sessions over the net. Those sessions should be accessible (add accounts, retrieve contacs, send message, whatever one wants to do) to clients which are able to authenticate to the server.
As I have recently spotted, a similar idea is listed as GSoC project [1] (libpurple detachable sessions). Is anybody interested in this project who could mentor me/contribute some code/provide help? This would be out of scope of the GSoC.

Thanks,
Patrick

[1] http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects