pidgin: d1328041: disapproval of revision '8e7b47f18e014b8...

Andrew Victor Andrew.Victor at mxitlifestyle.com
Tue Oct 4 09:58:35 EDT 2011

hi,

> I talked to Kevin in the XMPP muc and his reason was basically that he
> doesn't know what the intended purpose is for PURPLE_CONV_TYPE_MISC
> and he's betting Andrew doesn't know either (I also don't know), and
> Kevin thinks we should try to assess whether it's useful before
> getting rid of it.
>
> That sounded reasonable to me.  So, uh, anyone know if
> PURPLE_CONV_TYPE_MISC serves a purpose?

I did first search on code.google.com for references to
PURPLE_CONV_TYPE_MISC.

Only real references I could find were:
1.http://pidgin-woodpecker.googlecode.com/svn-history/r67/trunk/extras/src/roombrowse.c
A plugin where the web-page mentions it "no longer works".

2. Adium
Where PURPLE_CONV_TYPE_MISC is treated the same as
PURPLE_CONV_TYPE_UNKNOWN.

> - Some Pidgin devs think it's useful for committers to be available in
> IRC or the XMPP multi-user chat while making commits, in case someone
> has questions about them.

I do hang-out in the XMPP MUC occasionally (nickname = Pavlov).

Regards,
  Andrew

This email is subject to the MXit email disclaimer, which is available at http://www.mxit.com/email.pdf
If you cannot access the disclaimer, please get a copy from us by sending an email to: support at mxit.com